Buchanan Bus Station is located in the rectangular area bounded by Killermont Street (south), North Hannover Street (east) and Cowcaddens Road )north. Between West Nile Street (west) and the bus station is Langs Hotel, a multi-storey car park and the forecourt.
Entrances and Exits
The main entrance leads east from the forecourt, via two sets of automatic doors, into the concourse. The forecourt can be reached from the south, from Killermont Street, or via steps from the north, from Cowcaddens Road.
There are six entrances/exits into the stance area:
- Via two flights of steps from Cowcaddens Road (down 12 then 11 steps going south) beside the taxi rank and stance 1;
- Via two flights of steps from Cowcaddens Road (down 8 then 8 going south) towards stance 10;
- From North Hannover Street (normally closed) towards stance 22;
- From Killermont Street, beside stance 33;
- From Killermont Street, opposite stance 41;
- From Killermont Street into the southwest corner, between stances 47 and 48
Local Road Crossings
A few metres east of the top of the steps from the forecourt is a crossing with no tactile paving, post on right with sounder and rotating cone, towards the entrance to Caledonian University.
There’s an underpass, leading north from the forecourt, just east of the foot of the steps.
There’s a crossing between the forecourt and the main entrance to the Royal Concert Hall. As you face across Killermont Street, the post with push button, sounder but no rotating cone is to your right. There is tactile paving at each end of this crossing.
There are two bus access roads just west of the junction of Killermont and North Hannover Streets, separated by a short stretch of pavement. Whilst these have tactile paving at each side, there is no pedestrian control of either of these crossings.
Bus Stances – Outside the Station
A few metres east of the crossing towards the Royal Concert Hall is a bus stance: Killermont Street, serving: First Glasgow 45; Henderson Travel 329.
The bus stop (Cowcaddens) serving Stuart’s Coaches 72 to Kirkintilloch, is a few metres east of the crossing by the steps up from the forecourt.